Canna Sutra Cookies
GINGER HEADY COOKIES
CANNA SUTRA COOKIES
by : Edible Dee
3 cups (360 grams) - all-purpose flour
1 tsp - (3 grams) baking soda
1 tsp (6 grams) - cinnamon
1 tsp (6 grams) - ground ginger
1/2 tsp (3 grams) - allspice
1/2 tsp (3 grams) - ground cloves
1/2 tsp (4 grams) - kosher salt
1/2 tsp (3 grams) - freshly ground black pepper
8 tbsp (114 grams) - unsalted butter, room temperature (*or substitute Edible Dee's Canna Butter)
1 gram - Full Spectrum - Christmas Lights by INSANE
1/4 cup (95 grams) - vegetable shortening, room temperature
3/4 cup (150 grams) - brown sugar
2/3 cup (255 grams) - molasses
1 - egg
GO FROST YOURSELF icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, salt and pepper through a wire sieve into a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, using a hand held electric mixer at high speed, beat the *butter and vegetable shortening until well-combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the brown sugar and beat until mixture is light in texture and color, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the molasses and egg until smooth.
- Using a wooden spoon, gradually mix in the flour mixture to make a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into two thick disks and wrap each disk in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled, up to 3 hours. (the dough can be prepared up to two days in advance)
- To roll out the cookies, work with one disk at a time keeping the other refrigerated. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let stand out at room temperature until just warm enough to be rolled out without cracking, about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface, sprinkle the top of dough with flour.
- Roll out the dough 1/8" thick being sure the dough its sticking to the work surface. For softer cookies , roll out slightly thicker.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out the cookies and transfer to non-stick cookie sheets, placing cookies 1" apart.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Gently knead the scraps together and form into another disk. (Wrap and chill for 5 minutes before rolling out again when needed and repeat cutting more cookies)
- You are going to bake cookies switching positions from top to bottom. Start on the top shelf and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- After 5-6 minutes (Half way through) move baking sheet to the bottom shelf rotating the tray 180°, continue baking another 5-6 minutes -or- until edges of the cookies are set and crisp. (10-12 minutes total)
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
- Once cooled, decorate as desired with Edible Dee’s GO FROST YOURSELF icing. #GetHappy
For UNCENSORED Video Content
Subscribe To :
For FREE Video Content
Subscribe To :
! KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN !
! FOR USE ONLY BY ADULTS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER !