SO FRESH & SO GREEN
SO FRESH & SO GREEN
by deliciously Dee
kale - 4 large leaves
apples - 2 (medium)
cucumber - 1 (large)
lemon (peeled) - 1 *See benefits below.
baby spinach - 2 cups
cannabis oil - extra virgin olive oil - 1 tbsp
DO NOT PUT OIL INTO JUICER. *Set oil aside*. I recommend using a blender for this recipe as spinach can be difficult in certain juicers. Place remainder ingredients in blender. Pour juice into desired drinking glass. Add infused olive oil, MIX WELL and get HAPPY!
WEED SCIENCE TIP :
The Happy Chef Fact : Some research suggests that diet can influence your cannabis experience.
- In a 2011 study, researchers found that a lack of Omega-3 fats in a person's body lowered the medical effects of cannabis. Most diets practiced in the United States are high in Omega-6 fats, not Omega-3 fats. Without Omega-3 fats, the receptors in a person's brain that absorb the compounds in cannabis don't function properly. Therefore relaying that a lack of Omega-3 fats means a patient, or consumer, won't receive the full effects from cannabis.
A terpenoid known as limonene that is found in some strains of cannabis is also found in rinds of a lemon and citrus fruits, which is an ingredient listed in this recipe. Adding strains higher in limonene will likely influence your cannabis experience as the ingredients act as a multiplier due to the added potencies from the lemon.
So eating healthy may actually add to your high life! (:
& also GREAT STRAINS to pair with this dish : OG Kush, Super Lemon Haze, Jack the Ripper, Tangie, Clementine, and Lemon Skunk.
*LOOK FOR THE LAB TEST ON PRODUCT TO CONFIRM COMPOUND POTENCIES.
Medical Value of limonene : Antifungal, anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, dissolves gallstones, mood-enhancer; may treat gastrointestinal complications, heartburn, depression
Therapeutic attributes of limonene :
- Elevated mood- Stress Relief
- Antifungal properties
- Antibacterial properties
- May help relieve heartburn and gastric reflux
- Improves absorption of other terpenes and chemicals by the way of the skin, mucous membranes and digestive tract
Limonene also Found In : Fruit rinds, Rosemary (rosemary also has high levels of pinene) , Juniper, Peppermint
! KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN !
! FOR USE ONLY BY ADULTS 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER !
- deliciously Dee
THE HAPPY CHEF
expert cannabis cookbook
- 2nd Edition -
- LAUNCHED APRIL 20, 2017 -
And a special thanks to :
for their contributions to make this cookbook extra delicious!
+ More information and education on cannabis on my website under categories : weed science & cannabis research.